Play FreeCell Solitaire Online
Are You Using a Touchscreen Device?
This game is published as a web application, which is embedded in the page below. When you interact with the screen via touch the screen may move. We also publish this web application as a stand alone app. PLEASE CLICK HERE to use the stand alone alone app designed for touch devices.
This is a version of solitare where cards are shown face up in 8 columns. Users must re-arrange the cards by counting down and alternating suit colors between red and black until they can expose the Ace cards and move them over to begin hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades suit-based stacks counting up.
How to Play FreeCell Solitaire
- Cards are dealt in 8 columns with all cards showing.
- Players can move individual cards on the playing board to build down by decresent card rank with alternate colors.
- The game has 4 free cells adjacent to the board where players can temporarily store cards. These cards can be added back to the playing field at any time provided they fit the above stated pattern of decresent rank in alternate colors.
- If the free cells are empty the player can move stacks of up to 5 cards at a time. Each cell which has a card in it decreases the number of cards the player can move at a time by one.
- Open columns in the playing field can also be used similar to the free cells on the side. If you want to move a large stack you may need to break it into smaller substacks you move into the open columns and then move the stack across in multiple steps.
- Aces are moved to the foundations to the right, and cards can then be stacked on top of them in increasing sequential order: Ace, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, and King.
- If you move all cards to the columns the game is over and you have won. If you can't make any more moves then the game is over and you lost.
- The game records how many steps it took you to win the game along with a score. Player score starts at 500 and each card move costs a point.
Starting a New Game
You can click on the rounded arrow to start a new game.
The top left button allows players to expand the game to full screen. Other buttons across the top allow players to restart the level, read game instructions, turn music on or off, and exit the game.
The game does not have an "undo move" button, which makes it more challenging than games which have that feature.
You may play this game embedded in the above iframe or click here to view it in a separate browser window by itself.
Enjoy Playing Freecell Solitaire? Rate This Game
Your Feedback Needed!
We do not have any ads in our online game arcade and we have published hundreds of games which may not work in some browser configurations. This game should work in almost any modern web browser like Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Brave or Vivaldi. If you are having issues getting this game to work, please leave a comment below mentioning the problem and your software set up so we can investigate the issue.
Do You Have Feedback or Comments?
Please share your feedback about this game using the comment box below.
All feedback and commentary is moderated to ensure this remains a child friendly resource. :)
Change privacy settings